NICOTINELL GUM 2MG FRUIT
£11.49 – £20.99
Nicotinell medicated chewing-gum is a nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) which is used to help you to stop smoking.
Nicotinell medicated chewing-gum is a nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) which is used to help you to stop smoking. It is available in two strengths (2mg and 4mg) and five flavours (Fruit, Mint, Icemint, Liquorice and Classic).
The chewing-gum contains nicotine, which is one of the substances in tobacco. When chewed, nicotine is released slowly and absorbed through the lining of the mouth. Nicotinell chewing-gum does not contain the other harmful substances found in tobacco smoke such as tar and carbon monoxide.
Nicotinell 2mg and 4mg gums can be used to help you:
• stop smoking completely
• cut down the amount you smoke – perhaps before you go on to stop completely.
In addition, they may be used when you:
• do not wish to smoke. For example in confined spaces (in the car: in the house) or where others (such as children) could be harmed by tobacco smoke
• are unable to smoke
• develop cravings once you have stopped smoking.
Reducing the number of cigarettes smoked can increase the chances that you will move on to quit completely.
Nicotinell 2mg gum is for smokers smoking less than 20 cigarettes per day. It can also be used by smokers smoking between 20 and 30 cigarettes per day.
Smokers of more than 20 cigarettes per day, who are reducing their smoking prior to a quit attempt, should use Nicotinell 2mg gums once they have successfully reduced the number of cigarettes smoked per day
Uses / Instructions
Chew one piece of gum when you feel the urge to smoke. It is important to chew the gum correctly, not like ordinary chewing-gum. Follow the instructions below and do NOT swallow the gum:
1. Chew one piece of gum slowly until the taste becomes strong.
2. Rest between your gum and cheek.
3. Chew again when taste has faded.
4. Repeat this chewing routine for about 30 minutes.
Most people use 8 – 12 pieces of 2mg gum a day. Do NOT use more than 1 piece of gum at a time or more than 25 pieces of 2mg gum a day.
See patient information for more details
Do NOT take Nicotinell chewing-gum if you are
• allergic (hypersensitive) to nicotine or any of the other ingredients of the chewing-gum
• a non-smoker or occasional smoker
• under 12 years of age, except on the advice of a doctor.
Take special care with Nicotinell chewing-gum Please speak with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist before taking the chewing-gum if you:
• have heart disease, (heart attack, worsening chest pain, disorders of the hart rate and/or rhythm)
• have uncontrolled high blood pressure
• have recently had a stroke
• have serious liver or kidney disease
• have or had a stomach ulcer
• have persistent indigestion
• have a severe sore throat or inflammation of the mouth
• are diabetic
• have an overactive thyroid gland
• have a tumour of the adrenal glands (pheochromocytoma)
• are fructose intolerant
• are on a low-sodium diet
• are taking any other medicines
• are pregnant or breast-feeding
See patient information leaflet for more details
Like all medicines, Nicotinell chewing-gums can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
STOP using the gum and seek medical help immediately if you have any of the following which may be signs of an allergic reaction:
• difficulty breathing or swallowing, swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue or throat.
• severe itching of the skin, with a red rash or raised lumps
Some effects you may notice in the first few days are dizziness, headache and sleep disturbances.
These may be withdrawal symptoms in connection with smoking cessation and may be caused by insufficient administration of nicotine.
See patient information for a full list of side effects.
The active substance is nicotine.
Each piece of Nicotinell medicated chewing-gum contains 2mg of nicotine in a resin complex (as 10mg nicotine polacrilin).
The other ingredients of Nicotinell Fruit and Mint flavoured gums are
gum base, calcium carbonate (E170), sorbitol (E420), sodium carbonate anhydrous, sodium hydrogen carbonate (E500), glycerol (E422), levomenthol, butylhydroxytoluene (E321), saccharin, saccharin sodium (E954), acesulfame potassium (E950), xylitol (E967), mannitol (E421), gelatin, titanium dioxide (E171), carnauba wax (E903), talc (E553b), water.
• Mint 2mg Gum contains peppermint oil and eucalyptus oil
Nicotinell gum is sugar-free.
For more details see the patient information leaflet.