What are Golden Eye Drops?
Golden Eye Drops Solution contain the antiseptic ingredient Propamidine Isetionate (0.1%) making these drops an easy yet effective way to treat minor eye infections and irritations such as conjunctivitis, styes and blepharitis. They can also be used to relieve unpleasant eye symptoms such as redness, soreness and a feeling of grittiness.
Simply put 1-2 drops into the affected eye(s), four times daily to soothe common complaints such as sticky eyes and conjunctivitis. Most people will notice an improvement to the condition of their eye within 2 days.
Suitable for use by both adults and children.
How do Golden Eye Drops work?
GoldenEye 0.1% w/v Eye Drops Solution contain the active ingredient propamidine, an antibacterial agent. Propamidine works to tackle eye infections by stopping bacteria from growing and multiplying. Any remaining bacteria die or are killed by the body’s immune system.
Alternative to Golden Eye Drops
Brolene Eye Drops are a direct alternative, antiseptic treatment for eye infections containing the exact same active ingredient.
Uses / Instructions
Adults, including the elderly and children 2 years and over:
- Instil one or two drops to each affected eye up to four times every day, without touching the eye.
- Discontinue using the solution and contact your pharmacist or doctor if symptoms do not improve after two days.
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product
- After 4 weeks of opening these eye drops, discard any unused solution.
- Until you are sure you can see clearly after using the drops, avoid driving or operating machinery.
- Avoid wearing soft or hard lenses.
- Discontinue using the eye drops and contact your doctor, if you experience any allergic reaction.
- If you have any symptoms of macular degeneration due to diabetes, you should consult your doctor before using either the drops or the ointment.
On application of the drops to infected/sore eyes, mild effects such as a sensation of stinging, irritation or itching may occur. See patient information leaflet for full details.
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is:
Propamidine Isethionate 0.1% w/v.
Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide and Hydrochloric Acid, Benzalkonium Chloride 0.01% w/v.