Duraphat Toothpaste is used to help prevent dental caries (tooth decay) in adolescents aged 16 years and over and adults, particularly amongst patients at risk from multiple caries.
This toothpaste contains fluoride as sodium salt, which belongs to a group of medicines called caries preventing agents.
Uses / Instructions
Duraphat Toothpaste is for use by persons aged 16 years and above.
Always use Duraphat Toothpaste exactly as your dentist or pharmacist has told you.
You should check with your dentist or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Use Duraphat Toothpaste 3 times a day for brushing your teeth
- apply a 2cm ribbon onto your toothbrush for each brushing (2cm provides between 3mg and 5mg of fluoride).
- brush your teeth after each meal.
- vertically, from the gum to the tip of the tooth. – spit out excess foam and do not swallow
Careful brushing takes approximately 3 minutes.
Do not use Duraphat Toothpaste
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to sodium fluoride or any of the other ingredients of Duraphat Toothpaste.
Take special care with Duraphat Toothpaste
- Duraphat Toothpaste has a high fluoride content.
- Fluoride tablets, drops, chewing gum, gels or varnishes, as well as fluoridated water or salt, should be avoided during the use of Duraphat Toothpaste.
- In order to prevent accumulation of fluoride, your total intake must be assessed before using this fluoride toothpaste.
- Ask your dentist or pharmacist concerning this matter.
- Duraphat Toothpaste is not intended for use in adolescents and children under 16 years of age
Like all medicines, Duraphat Toothpaste can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
- In some rare cases (i.e. less than 1 in 1000 people treated) allergic (hypersensitivity) reactions can occur e.g. rash, itching swelling and redness.
- Burning oral sensation has also been reported
1g of toothpaste contains 5mg fluoride (as sodium fluoride), corresponding to 5000ppm fluoride.
Also contains: liquid sorbitol (non-crystallising), dental type silica, dental type silica (precipitated), macrogol 600, tetrapotassium pyrophosphate, xanthan gum,
sodium benzoate (E211), sodium laurilsulfate, spearmint flavouring (containing peppermint oil, carvone, spearmint oil, menthol, anethol, and lemon oil), saccharin sodium, Brilliant Blue FCF (E133) and purified water.