Sodium Cromoglicate eye drops are medicated drops that help to soothe your irritated eyes when you’re suffering from hay fever or allergies.
They’re perfect for those who experience itchy, red, or watery eyes when pollen season kicks in, or if they get too close to pet dander or dust.
These anti-allergic eye drops are designed to prevent allergy symptoms in your eye, which is also known as allergic conjunctivitis, relieving itchy, puffy eyes.
If you need a way to soothe your poor eyes when the long months of hay fever season come around again, sodium cromoglicate can help you to look your best!
Uses / Instructions
How to use sodium cromoglicate eye drops
Always use Careway sodium cromoglicate exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure
How to use this medicine
• Wash your hands
• Remove the cap from the bottle
• Tilt your head back
• Squeeze one or two drops inside the lower lid without touching your eye
• Close your eye
• Wipe away any excess liquid from the eyes with a clean tissue
• Always put the cap back on the bottle as soon as you have used it
• Repeat in the other eye if needed
How much to use
• One or two drops in each eye four times a day, or as directed by your doctor
• If your symptoms worsen or do not improve, talk to your doctor or pharmacist
For a more detailed list see the patient information leaflet.
Do not use this medicine:
•If you or your child are allergic (hypersensitive) to sodium cromoglicate, or any of the other ingredients of Sodium Cromoglicate. Signs of an allergic reaction include: a rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat, tongue and worsening of redness, itching or swelling of the eye or eyelid
•If your child is under 6 years of age
•For other allergic eye symptoms (not caused by hayfever). Other things in everyday life can start allergies causing eye symptoms in certain people. For example contact with animals including pets, house dust mites, other particles and chemicals. Talk to your pharmacist or doctor. Do not use this medicine if the above applies to you. If you are not sure, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Sodium Cromoglicate.
Like all medicines, Sodium Cromoglicate can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Stop using Sodium Cromoglicate and see a doctor as soon as possible if:
• The itching, redness or swelling gets worse. You may be allergic to these drops.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if any of the side effects gets serious or lasts longer than a few days, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet:
• Stinging or burning in your eyes or blurring of eyesight. This should only last for a short time and occurs immediately after using the eye drops
• Mild eye irritation
For a full list see the patient information leaflet
Sodium Cromoglicate 2%
See patient information leaflet inside box for other ingredients.