Introducing Thealoz® Duo
- Thealoz Duo contains trehalose 3% and sodium hyaluronate 0.15% in a preservative-free formulation
- Trehalose protects the epithelial cells on the ocular surface, improving their resistance to daily stress of dry environments and tear film changes in a dry eye; it has very high water retention capabilities with both bioprotection1,2 and osmoprotection properties2-7
- Sodium hyaluronate adds moisture by retaining water to hydrate and lubricate the surface of the eye
Thealoz Duo is indicated for moderate to severe dry eye disease. Clinical studies have shown that a single drop of Thealoz Duo improves the thickness of the tear film for at least 4 hours (6 times longer than sodium hyaluronate alone).8 In one study, 62% of patients receiving Thealoz Duo were symptom free after 84 days, with significant improvements in blurred vision, stinging and itching.2
Thealoz Duo is a hypotonic formulation (low osmolarity), which means it particularly addresses the hyperosmolarity of the tear film in chronic dry eye to effectively soothe symptoms.9
The uniquely designed, patented, preservative-free bottle allows easy application.
Products containing preservatives can cause ocular surface toxicity, leading to inflammation and cell death. Using preservative-free eye drops supports the health of the ocular surface.
- Protects, hydrates and lubricates the eye’s surface
- Suitable for all dry eyes
- Clinically proven to last a long time on the eye
- Unique bottle, the ABAK bottle for easy application
- Can be used for up to 3 months from opening
- Hypotonic formulation for effective relief
- Can be used with all types of contact lenses