A blocked nose often occurs with a cold, this causes excessive nasal secretions and the swelling of many tiny blood vessels that line the nose. The air passages become narrower and the nasal secretions may block the nose completely, leaving you feeling blocked up and congested.
Otrivine Adult Nasal Drops contain the active ingredient, xylometazoline hydrochloride, which help to reduce nasal mucus and inflammation in blood vessels by opening up and clearing nasal passages. This spray helps to provide up to 10 hours of relief from the nasal congestion in as little time as 2 minutes.
Key features of Otrivine Adult Nasal Drops
- Could provide up to 10 hours of relief
- Easy to use nasal drops
- Helps to reduce nasal mucus
- Instant relief for blocked noses, symptoms of allergies and sinusitis
- Starts to work in as little time as 2 minutes
Uses / Instructions
For Adults and Children over 12 years of age:
2 to 3 drops in each nostril 2 or 3 times daily.
Like all medicines, Otrivine Adult Nasal Drops can cause side effects, although not everybody gets
Stop using Otrivine Adult Nasal Drops and seek medical help immediately if you experience:
• Allergic reactions, which may include difficult breathing or swallowing, swelling of the face, lips,
tongue and throat, severe itching of the skin, with a red rash or raised bumps.
Common (affects between 1 in 10 and 1 in 100 people):
• Dryness of the nasal membranes
• Nasal discomfort
• Local irritation after applying the drops
Very rare (affects less than 1 in 10,000 people):
• Blurred vision
• Irregular or fast heartbeat
Other side effects include:
• A burning sensation in the nose and throat
See patient information leaflet for more details.