Oraldene Medicated Relief for Mouth & Throat Infections contains hexetidine, which is an antibacterial and antifungal and is used to help treat throat and mouth infections, including mouth ulcers, thrush, sore or bleeding gums, bad breath or a sore throat. It can also be used before and after dental surgery to help prevent infections.
Uses / Instructions
Check the table below to see how much medicine to use. Oraldene is for topical use only, which means that it should not be swallowed or taken internally.
- Children under 6 years old: Oraldene is not recommended for children under 6 years of age.
- Adults and Children aged 6 years and over: Rinse the mouth or gargle for 30 seconds with at least 15 ml (approx. 1 tablespoonful) of undiluted Oraldene two to three times a day or as otherwise directed.
- Do not dilute.
- Do not swallow.
- Shake well before use.
Do not use this medicine:
If you have ever had a bad reaction to Oraldene or any of its ingredients. If this applies to you, get advice from your doctor or pharmacist without using Oraldene
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using Oraldene® if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Some of the ingredients can cause problems
Ethanol (96%) may cause irritation or dry skin if frequently applied to the skin.
Azorubin (E122) can cause allergic reactions, including asthma. Reactions are more common in people who are allergic to aspirin.
If anyone accidentally swallows this product
If anyone accidentally swallows this product, contact a doctor or your nearest Accident and Emergency department taking the pack with you.
If you forget to use the medicine.
Use the next dose as soon as your remember unless it is time to use it again. Do not use two quantities in one go.
Oraldene® can have side-effects, like all medicines, although these don’t affect everyone and are usually mild.
If you experience the following, stop using the medicine and talk to your doctor:
- Swelling of the face, lips, mouth, tongue or throat which may cause difficulty in swallowing or breathing
- Allergic reactions including itchy rash
- Irritation, tingling or numbness of the tongue and/or tissues inside the mouth
- Shortness of breath
- Dry mouth
- Feeling sick (nausea)
- Sickness (vomiting)
- Salivary gland enlargement
- Taste disturbance or loss of taste
- Pain, swelling, redness or heat
- Tongue or tooth discolouration
- Blistering or ulceration
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse
See patient information leaflet for full details.
The Active Ingredient is: Hexetidine 0.1 g/100 ml
Other Ingredients are: Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Saccharin Sodium, Levomenthol, Eucalyptus Oil, Ethanol 96%, Azorubin (E122) Sodium Calcium Edetate, Sodium Hydroxide (E524), and Purified Water