This is a medication used for the treatment of acid reflux.
This is a branded product but depending on availability if we are unable to obtain we will send you the parallel import version. This will be the same brand but from another European country and will be equally as effective.
Uses / Instructions
To treat symptoms of GORD such as heartburn and acid regurgitation:
• If your doctor has found that your food pipe (gullet) has been slightly damaged, the recommended dose is 20 mg once a day for 4‑8 weeks. Your doctor may tell you to take a dose of 40 mg for a further 8 weeks if your gullet has not yet healed.
• The recommended dose once the gullet has healed is 10 mg once a day.
• If your gullet has not been damaged, the recommended dose is 10 mg once a day.
In the presence of any alarm symptom (e.g. significant unintentional weight loss, recurrent vomiting, dysphagia, haematemesis or melena) and when gastric ulcer is suspected or present, malignancy should be excluded, as treatment may alleviate symptoms and delay diagnosis.
- Effects on your stomach or gut: diarrhoea, stomach pain, flautulence, constipation
- Feeling sick (nausea) or being sick (vomiting)
Read the patient information leaflet for a full list of side effects.
The active ingredient is Omeprazole 10mg. For a full list of other ingredients please see the patient information leaflet with the product you receive in the post and not the one with this as different generic brands may have different other ingredients.