Ibuleve has been specially formulated by experts in skin-penetrating medicines for optimum delivery of ibuprofen to the underlying tissues.
Ibuleve Gel has been used over many years to bring the painkilling power of ibuprofen right to the point of pain in an easily absorbed, clear gel:
- A published clinical study has shown Ibuleve to be as fast and effective as ibuprofen pills
- Easily absorbed, penetrating gel
- A clear, pleasant-to-use, fragrance-free formula
Ibuleve is an anti-inflammatory painkiller applied to, and absorbed through, the skin.
It is for the treatment of the following conditions involving the musculoskeletal system:
- rheumatic or muscular pain
- pain relief in common arthritic conditions.
Do not smoke or go near naked flames – risk of severe burns. Fabric (clothing, bedding, dressings etc) that has been in contact with this product burns more easily and is a serious fire hazard.
Washing clothing and bedding may reduce product build-up but not totally remove it.
Take special care when using this product:
• Use it only on the skin.
• Do not use it on children under 12 years old unless advised by a doctor.
• Do not apply it to broken or irritated skin.
• Keep the gel away from the eyes, nose and mouth.
Like all medicines, Ibuleve can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Occasionally you can get the following at the site of application:
- mild skin rashes
- irritation can sometimes occur at the site of application.
If the above side affects are unacceptable, or persist, stop using the product and tell your doctor or pharmacist.
The active ingredient is ibuprofen (5% w/w).
The other ingredients are industrial methylated spirit, carbomers, propylene glycol (E1520), diethylamine and purified water.
See patient information leaflet for more details.