Aptamil Pepti-Junior From Birth is specially formulated for the dietary management of malabsorption related conditions, in which the digestive and absorptive functions of the gastrointestinal tract are impaired, for example short bowel syndrome, following gastrointestinal surgery, liver disease, chronic diarrhoea and feed intolerance.
Aptamil Pepti-Junior is an extensively hydrolysed, 100% whey based formula. It contains 50% of the fat as medium chain triglycerides (MCT) and the carbohydrate as glucose syrup to aid absorption.
It is a nutritionally complete formula, suitable from birth, and can also be used to replace cow’s milk in drinks and cooked dishes during and after weaning. Made with Aptamil’s unique blend of ingredients inducing LCPs and Nucleotides.
Key Features of Aptamil Pepti-Junior from Birth
- Extensively hydrolyzed whey-based formula
- For bottlefed babies
- For the dietary management of malabsorption related conditions
- Contains LCPs and Nucleotides
- 100% whey-based
- Suitable from birth
Uses / Instructions
It is important to provide parents with advice on how to make up specialist infant milk, as they may not be aware that it can differ from standard formula. Here is some general guidance, but please see preparation instructions on the product packaging for further information.
- Wash hands and sterilise all utensils according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Boil one litre of fresh water. Leave kettle to cool for no longer than 30 mins. Measure the required amount of water into a sterilised bottle. Be careful of scalding. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
- Using the scoop provided, level off the powder with a clean knife. Do not press or heap the powder.
- Add the correct measure of powder to the water. Adding too many or too few scoops can be harmful. Cap the bottle and shake vigorously for 25 seconds to dissolve the powder. Remove cap and replace with a sterilised teat.
- Cool under running tap.
- Check temperature of feed.
- Feed immediately.
See packaging for details.
Glucose Syrup, Hydrolysed Whey Protein Concentrate* (From Milk), Vegetable Medium Chain Triglycerides, Vegetable Oils (Rapeseed Oil, Sunflower Oil, Palm Oil, Single Cell Oil), Emulsifier (Citric Acid Ester Of Mono- & Diglycerides Of Fatty Acids), Calcium Phosphate, Potassium Dihydrogen Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Fish Oil, Choline Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Vitamin C, Magnesium Chloride, Taurine, Inositol, Ferrous Sulphate, Vitamin E, Zinc Sulphate, L-carnitine, Uridine 5’-monophosphate Sodium Salt, Cytidine 5’-monophosphate, Adenosine 5’-monophosphate, Inosine 5’-monophosphate Sodium Salt, Nicotinamide, Pantothenic Acid, Guanosine 5’-monophosphate Sodium Salt, D-biotin, Cupric Sulphate, Folic Acid, Vitamin A, Riboflavin, Manganese Sulphate, Vitamin B12, Thiamin, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B6, Potassium Iodide, Vitamin K1, Sodium Selenite.